I love to take pictures when they don't know that I'm taking them, this is all of the girls walking down to the restroom.
Camping by a stream we of course had to go down and play in the water. The kids all took their shoes off for a while, but the water was really cold still since their was still snow up on the peaks.
Here are Emma and Syd braving the cold.
And Gordon and Melinda.
Andrew didn't bother with trying to wade, he spent his time skipping rocks, or trying to, the water was pretty choppy so it was harder to get them to skip.
Ben of course had to go fly fishing, I don't think he knows that I took this picture. He only caught one fish the whole time we were at Salt Creek, I'm not sure if we'll go there again.
I think Becca actually spent the most time trying to dangle her feet in the water. She would just put them in for a second and pull them back out, but she sat in the same spot for a while.
We had a little bit of excitement while we were down at the stream, we think that Emma was bitten by a snake. If you look really closely you can see a red spot on her wrist. Emma and Sydney were looking for rocks by the side of the stream and when Emma reached down to pick one up she felt something hit her wrist, when she looked down she saw a snake slithering away. From her description it was most likely a little water snake, but she was extremely shaken up. It took at least fifteen minutes to get her all the way calmed down. I was glad that Sydney was there, because I think she helped a lot.
You can see Emma still holding a wet cloth on her wrist as we get ready to go on a little hike. We didn't hike this whole trail, just a mile or so up. It was pretty steep and my foot was still swollen and a little stiff at the time. All of the kids did great though, even Becca hiked most of the way.
This was the top for us, it's always nice to find a good view to look at to make all the hiking worth while. The kids wouldn't cooperate for a nice picture though.
Later that day we did a little bit of fishing at a pool, but didn't even get a bite. The kids did get in some casting practice though. Here is Gordon casting for the first time. He was very proud of himself. I'm sure he'll make a great fisherman someday just like Daddy.
Ben of course had to go fly fishing, I don't think he knows that I took this picture. He only caught one fish the whole time we were at Salt Creek, I'm not sure if we'll go there again.
I think Becca actually spent the most time trying to dangle her feet in the water. She would just put them in for a second and pull them back out, but she sat in the same spot for a while.
We had a little bit of excitement while we were down at the stream, we think that Emma was bitten by a snake. If you look really closely you can see a red spot on her wrist. Emma and Sydney were looking for rocks by the side of the stream and when Emma reached down to pick one up she felt something hit her wrist, when she looked down she saw a snake slithering away. From her description it was most likely a little water snake, but she was extremely shaken up. It took at least fifteen minutes to get her all the way calmed down. I was glad that Sydney was there, because I think she helped a lot.
You can see Emma still holding a wet cloth on her wrist as we get ready to go on a little hike. We didn't hike this whole trail, just a mile or so up. It was pretty steep and my foot was still swollen and a little stiff at the time. All of the kids did great though, even Becca hiked most of the way.
This was the top for us, it's always nice to find a good view to look at to make all the hiking worth while. The kids wouldn't cooperate for a nice picture though.
Later that day we did a little bit of fishing at a pool, but didn't even get a bite. The kids did get in some casting practice though. Here is Gordon casting for the first time. He was very proud of himself. I'm sure he'll make a great fisherman someday just like Daddy.
After hiking and fishing the kids all spent some time playing in the trees trying to keep out of the heat. You can see Becca climbing up the tree, just like the bigger kids were. I'm so glad that my kids enjoy camping. I might even be able to pack for a trip without forgetting something one of these years.
No comments:
Post a Comment