background

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sock Monkey

This is the latest joint effort by me and Emma. She has really been gung ho about learningto sew. Emma sewed the legs and the tail and she stuffed the entire thing. I was in charge of sewing all of the pieces together. I've never made a sock monkey before it was really fun. The other kids like it so much I'm pretty sure I'll be making some more I just need to find more socks.



Emma was really pleased with how it turned out, but she has been really good about letting her brothers and sisters play with it too. When Gordon and Becca are upset about it not being their day to go to pre-school she lets them "babysit" the monkey for her. She makes me really proud.

2 comments:

Summer said...

That is so cute! Did you have a pattern or did you just wing it? I am loving how much you are blogging!!!

Stephanie said...

We found a patern online. We've really been big on reading crafting blogs lately.