Here is the crocheted bag that I made for carrying my scriptures. I'm really happy with how it turned out, I especially love the flowers.

I did modify the pattern a little to make the handles shorter. Emma likes it so much that she has asked me to make one for her too.

Here is a picture of the lining that I made to go inside, complete with pen holders and pockets. There is also a snap, but I can't close it when my scriptures are inside.

After the bag my next project was this table runner. It was so simple and it used up some of my favorite scraps. My excuse for making this was that maybe it would help me keep the table cleaned off if there was something pretty in the middle. We'll see how that works in a couple of weeks. I wish the lighting in the picture was better you can't really tell, but it is all quilted.

And it's reversible. I found the links for these two patterns on Ziggy Crafts.

A friend of ours gave Andrew, Emma and Melinda some little fleece sleeping bags when they were younger and they are getting too small. I had
already made some for Gordon and Becca about a year ago and finally decided to make new ones for the older three. These are so easy to make (it only took me an hour or so total to make all three) and the kids love them, they always take them when they have sleepovers at grandma's house. Sometimes they just ask if they can sleep on the floor so they can use them.
I've felt so productive with all of these crafty projects that I just want to keep finding more to do, but I'm afraid that Ben is getting a little overwhelmed by them all. I think I need to take a break for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment