It is always so hard to believe how fast they grow up. Andrew is 14 now, in eighth grade and he has been ordained a teacher. He still really enjoys school, drama is his favorite class, but he also enjoys PE. Recently he has started running with me and Ben and we are hoping that he will enjoy track since he will be able to start participating in teams next year. He is still interested in a lot of the same things, legos, drawing, knights etc. he also loves scouts. He really is happy about almost everything. He only struggles a little with new things, but if we take the time to walk it through with him, he can do a lot more than most people would think.
We are starting to try and think more about what life will have in store for him after high school. It's a little scary for me to think about him being on his own, but we want to do everything that we can to help him work towards that goal; I know that's what he is expecting. It's a bit of a challenge to think of a career that he would enjoy and that he would be capable of doing well, but that is basically what we are trying to do so that we know what steps he needs to take now to get there.
I'm so proud of all that he has accomplished already in his 14 years and I'm glad that I am lucky enough to be his mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment