Here's Melinda and she just happened to be sitting next to her cousin Aidan. I love that my kids get to go to school with at least some of their cousins. Melinda looked forward to this program for weeks, and spent a lot of time singing the songs around the house.
Andrew, singing "The Bear Necessities". He had a little solo, the part from the movie where Mowgli says "They'll come to me". He really loves to perform, I was getting a little choked up thinking this was his last spring sing. Ben of course, ever the practical one, tells me that I'll get to watch him in high school still, but it's not quite the same.
Because he is in 6th grade he had a small speaking part that he did very well. It's a good thing he can be loud because the mic wasn't nearly low enough for him.
As always I'm so proud of all of them, they work hard at school and I'm sure they do their best for all their teachers. Music class might not be that important to some people, but I feel lucky that they still have it here and that my children enjoy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment