background

Monday, November 14, 2011

Emma's 11th Birthday

For quite a while now Emma has been such a big help to me, not only around the house, but with her younger brother and sisters as well. She does laundry, dishes, helps give the little ones baths, not to mention helping clean up toys that she doesn't even play with anymore. I'm sure that I would have gone completely nuts watching my house fall to pieces when I had my bunion surgeries if it hadn't been for her. And yet, even though she is so grown up she will still play and be silly with 3year old Becca.

A nice new coat to wear on Sundays
A clown bear, the only thing she asked for was a clown doll, this was the best I could do.
She got every candle!
The only thing that I could really ask for is that she wasn't in such a hurry to grow up. Now that she is 11 she can hardly wait to turn 12 and start going to Young Women's. I guess it's only natural, but it scares me just a little to see her getting older. I just have to remind myself to trust her (she's pretty level headed) and to keep reminding her that she can talk to me whenever she needs to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how old she is. I know how mature she is, and I am so amazed at that sweet little girl. She'll always be little to me :) I LOVE YOU EMMA