She started three different chains all yesterday. The green one is at least ten feet long. She told me "It's like I can't stop". I hope that this is something that she sticks with, she needs something to keep her occupied. Of course, if she wants to learn more we will need to find someone else to teach her, I don't remember much beyond the basic chain.
background
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Emma's new hobby
My mom was getting rid of odds and ends of yarn the other day so I volunteered to find them a new home. Emma was, of course, immediately interested in having some for herself. I told her she could have a couple if she wanted to learn how to crochet. Much to my surprise I was able to teach her a basic chain without either of us crying or yelling (we haven't had much success with me teaching her things in the past).
Here she is after about 20 minutes with her first chain.
An up close shot of Emma's work. I think it is a little too tight, but I'm very proud of how quickly she caught on.

She started three different chains all yesterday. The green one is at least ten feet long. She told me "It's like I can't stop". I hope that this is something that she sticks with, she needs something to keep her occupied. Of course, if she wants to learn more we will need to find someone else to teach her, I don't remember much beyond the basic chain.
She started three different chains all yesterday. The green one is at least ten feet long. She told me "It's like I can't stop". I hope that this is something that she sticks with, she needs something to keep her occupied. Of course, if she wants to learn more we will need to find someone else to teach her, I don't remember much beyond the basic chain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I will teach her! Of course it would be easier if I was in Utah! Way to go Emma:)
Post a Comment